How to Attach Buckles to Irish Dance Shoes
Attaching Buckles to Irish Dance Shoes
This is part of our “How to” series on choosing and using Irish Dancewear, attaching buckles is a question we get asked frequently so here’s a video and a text version in case you prefer that.
There will be more videos to follow shortly! Please subscribe and click the bell icon to be notified of new videos.
Step by Step Instructions
- Before starting, ensure that the Heavy Shoes are unlaced.
- Position the buckle upside down, take one side of the lace and thread it through the buckle. Then take the opposite lace and thread that through.
- Throughout the process try and ensure that the laces remain of equal length, without one side being significantly longer than the other.
- Once both sides of the lace have been threaded through the buckles, you can take these and thread them through the next set of eyelets on the heavy shoe.
- Then repeat the same process, threading each lace through the buckles and then through the eyelets of the heavy shoe.
- Throughout the process it is easier to keep the laces loose. These can be pulled tight at the end.
- If the lace is difficult to thread through the back of the buckle, we suggest pushing it through sideways as it is easier to pull through.
- Keep repeating the process until all the holes have been laced. Then ensure the buckle is the right way up and pull each lace, one at a time.
- The buckle should now be secure and you can tie the laces in a double knotted bow.