How to Tie Hullachan Pro 4 Light Shoes
How to tie up Hullachan Light Shoes
This is part of our “How to” series on choosing and using Irish Dancewear, How to tie the many types of Irish Dance shoes we offer is a question we get asked frequently so here’s a video and a text version in case you prefer that.
There will be more videos to follow shortly! Please subscribe and click the bell icon to be notified of new videos.
Step by Step Instructions
- When the shoe arrives it will already be laced in a criss cross pattern.
- Ensure the laces are loose and place the foot into the shoe. Pull the laces tightly around the foot starting from the front to the back.
- Adjust the laces where necessary for a snug fit. It is also important to note that there won’t be a shoe specific for right and left foot, but after your first wear, you should decide which shoe will be which and stick to this.
- Take one lace and cross it over the ankle to the opposite side and place it through the second eyelet, closest to the heel, inside out.
- Then pull the lace through the loop at the back of the heel. Repeat this again on the opposite side.
- You should now have two laces going through the back loop.
- Take one lace and cross it over the ankle and pull it through the first eyelet, again inside out. Repeat this on the other side.
- Pull both laces upwards to tighten the shoe. Cross them over and tie a knot and a double bow.
- It is also important to double knot the bow so that the laces do not come undone during dances.
- Excess laces can be cut or tucked in for a neater look.
- It is important to note that the laces should NOT be tied under the foot.